Monday, October 6, 2008

Smile

Oh my goodness! I am so excited to get this great bloggy award. My wonderful friend, Flamingo Mama, nominated me. She has a super cute blog, and is currently posting about her precious family and the current adoption of her China Doll. She has a wonderful way of sharing her story. You must check her out! She is actually a real life friend, as well as a blogger bud - and she is just as cute as she seems! Thank you, Flamingo. You rock.

here it is....
So here are the Smile Award rules:

1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator.
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.


Characteristics for the Smile Award:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude (not necessarily at all times--we are all human). Most of the time, it is a cheerful attitude. Sometimes... it is a display. Sometimes... just an attitude, hehe. (Thanks, award creator, for the allowance for humans.)

2. Must love one another. Not as much as Jesus asks me to, but sometimes He truly enables me to love as He asks.

3. Must make mistakes. Check.

4. Must learn from others. I love learning from others! I love others' life experiences. Plus, I am officially a learning nerd.

5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world. Hope so. Authentic, anyway.

6. Must love life. I do... but only so much, since, I cannot hold onto it... Luke 17:33 "33 Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it."

7. Must love kids. O.K. I LOVE my kids. I adore others' kids. Not a big fan of babysitting... (do I still qualify??)



So, here was the hard part (hard because all of my bloggy buddies are tres cool. some even have this award already)! And, besides, you ALL make me smile. Are you all in suspense???

I dub my five Smile Award recipients:

1. Courtney at Storing Up Treasures in Heaven: Her music rocks. Her perspective is authentic, raw, funny, and right on target. She points us to the Lord. She is 'living the thing,' - BIG time. I watch in awe as she gives, and gives, and gives. How do I know that she gives, without even having met her?? Um. Folks. She has 10, TEN, TEN!!!!!!!!!!!, did I say 10?, kids (one cute little guy on the way). And, since I struggle with the whole 'dying-to-self' thing with only two kids.... well, let's suffice it to say: I am in awe at her devotion to serve Christ in this beautiful way...

2. Angel at The Voice of Adventure: Her mission is contagious. Her blogging is fun, real, convicting, passionate, and full of life. It is obvious that God is using this lady! Her family is adorable, and she shares them with us with humor, and unabashed honesty. We love them all for it!! She also inspires me with her desire to 'get out of her comfort zone.' I think what I love most about Angel is that she is a laugh-er. I can hear this girl laughing across cyber-space. And I just love me some laugh-out-loud-A LOT girlfriends. Oh, and somehow (not sure how), we are long lost relatives....

3. Laura at The Wellblog: I have not been blog friends with Laura for long, and I feel like I am just getting to know her story. But this girl has a gift for writing. I love her transparent and poetic writing style. I mean, just read this post. She is creative, and beauty seeps from her pen. She points to the Lord in all of her ponderings. Can't wait to get to know more about this new friend...

4. Christy at Between Here and Home: You know when a blog just 'speaks to you'? Well, for some reason, that is how I feel about Christy. She has no pretense. She adores and serves Christ. She adores her family. She has an adorable 'girl next door' flair to her that I love. And she is from the Midwest. I am sorry, peeps, but the NICEST people in this country are from the Midwest (...It is just my little opinion - after having lived lots of places). When I miss Indiana, and my Indiana buds, Christy is my dose of Midwest, down-to-earthedness. I feel like I should be tailgating with her....

5. Angie at Bring The Rain: OK, so Angie has so many readers that she is practically famous. And, she will probably never even know that I gave her this award. But I can't help it! I LOVE this girl's blog. LOVE IT! She has to be one of the most talented writers that I have ever experienced. Her life has been split apart by pain and loss, and she has chosen to serve Jesus with her whole heart. This girl is also HILARIOUS. And real. And, I can also tell that she is a laugher. Like I said, I love me some laugh-out-loud-A LOT girlfriends! If you don't read this blog... well... you should.

OK, so, these are only 5 of my very cool blog buddies. How does one pick only 5?? I love all of you!!!!!!! And it is a privalege, and a blessing, to call you my friends.

5 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Darlene. I am honored.

Christy said...

Thank you Darlene for thinking of me for this award. You are very sweet about what you said. I started my blog as another way to stay in touch with my sister (Nesting In Pleasant View) and am so amazed with the women I've met through blogging. I only hope that the words I say bring encouragement and some fun to others.

Thanks again for the award!

Have a wonderful day!

Angel said...

Hey girl! Thank you so much for the nomination. That is SO SWEET! :0) Hugs, Your long lost relative! Angel

Laura said...

Darlene,
What a sweet surprise to return from my trip and read such kind words! You have blessed me today, friend. I am enjoying getting to know your story as well. Right now, I'm trying to catch up with everything (including laundry) but will be back on track very soon!
Smiles,
Laura

Christine said...

Very cool and a big congratulations on this award! How fun!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.